Monday, March 22, 2010

eating

I naturally a naturalist. I am not an extremist, but I am very aware of what goes in and out of my families bodies.



Evan is not a great eater. Without getting into too much unnecessary details the fact that Evan is naturally small, has SMA, and is a terrible eater always worries doctors. For a while I would seriously stress out about it, but I have gotten to the point that I understand the way HE grows (I have been watching his growth chart long enough to piece it together), and I am not going to stress about it anymore. I am aware, I will continue to monitor what goes in and what is coming out but I have come to the parental conclusion that if Evan is mostly eating healthy food items I am not going to be overly concerned with a specialized diet just for him. That is my opinion for now.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have the right attitude. P.S. Met a family at conference yesterday that had two sons in wheelchairs. They both have cerebral palsy.

    ReplyDelete